2013 Goals: How Did I Do?
1) Figure out my job situation. Goal Accomplished Working out pretty well so far. I am out of the house at 6:45am and home by 6:00pm. While not "ideal" it's not as bad as some - and not having to find a new job is a huge benefit.
2) Finish the new house. Making progress, especially lately. We'll likely be done with the main floor by the end of summer and finish the basement by next spring. Obviously, this will be a recurring goal until it's completed.
3) Spend more time with family. Moderate. I played lots of golf with my dad last summer/fall. I spent time with my in-laws at our family lake house during the summer, though they leave during the winter. I didn't quite capitalize on time with my brother and he has now moved away.
4) Get back into cycling. Total failure. Didn't even fill the tires with air.
5) Earn $5,000 in dividends. I only made about $4,400 in dividends during 2013. While this is a solid number, it's well short of my goal. Luckily, I hit $6,000+ in forward dividends late last year and have since gotten my 12 month number over $8,000.
All-in-all, I did a decent job with my goals. The biggest was the job situation, which is resolved. The house is a work-in-progress, which we can't feel too bad about. Family was a passing grade. Cycling and dividends were failures. Progress is being made here, so I'm feeling good about what 2013 meant for my family's future.