Friday, October 2, 2015

2015 Goals: Q3 Progress: Chugging Along

I think I set a pretty good mix of goals this year. The financial ones will be real stretches to hit. The personal ones will take commitment over time. And the 5th goal will take a mix of creativity and commitment coupled with a bit of luck. How have I done in hitting these marks through the three quarters of 2015?



1) Earn $16,000 of dividends: I earned $5230.22 in dividends during the quarter and have earned $12,311.14 so far this year. The Kraft/Heinz Merger gave me an additional $1,650 of dividends during Q3. I'm going to beat the $16,000 goal because of this huge dividend and continued purchases.



2) Have my portfolio set to earn $20,000 dividends in 2016: I'm still sitting at $15,750 of dividends over the next 12 months. It'll be quite a bit of work to hit this goal, but a few dividend increases and continued purchases could get me close. My current projections have me earning about $21.5k during 2016 with steady purchases over the next 4 quarters. I'll need to invest more rapidly to get there by year end 2015, but I'll be taking advantage of the recent pullback.

3) Sleep at least half of my daily commute: I'm not a natural napper. Once I'm up, I'm up for the day. My baby girl has now started sleeping (mostly) through the night. Thus, it seems my estimated need to sleep during the commute was overblown. 

4) Weigh 190 pounds by Thanksgiving: No loss. I love food. I've actually held steady this year at about 205lbs, so no damage done. And I think I look fine at this weight. Maybe I'm making excuses...

5) Earn side hustle revenues of $1,200: I've made about $180 so far this year on side hustles, with most of it coming in May and June. I need to pick up the pace a bit to reach this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment