Wednesday, April 1, 2015

2015 Goals: Q1 Progress

I think I set a pretty good mix of goals this year. The financial ones will be real stretches to hit. The personal ones will take commitment over time. And the 5th goal will take a mix of creativity and commitment coupled with a bit of luck. How have I done in hitting these marks through the first quarter?


1) Earn $16,000 of dividends: I earned $3,499.68 in dividends during the quarter - which is right in-line with my projections to squeak by the goal. However, the Kraft/Heinz Merger will give me an additional $3,300 of dividends during Q2. I'm going to crush the $16,000 goal because of this huge dividend.

2) Have my portfolio set to earn $20,000 dividends in 2016: I'm still sitting below $14,000 of dividends over the next 12 months. Quite a bit of work to hit this goal, but a few dividend increases and continued purchases could get me close.

3) Sleep at least half of my daily commute: I'm not a natural napper. Once I'm up, I'm up for the day. I can't do much right now in terms of feeding the baby due to exclusive breastfeeding, so I've been getting decent sleep at night. That will likely change once we begin introducing a bottle and taking shifts. So terrible progress here, but that is highly likely to change.

4) Weigh 190 pounds by Thanksgiving: No loss. I love food. Wife can't work out for another few weeks, so I've been taking it easy.

5) Earn side hustle revenues of $1,200: No progress or plan. My brother moves back to town from across the country and summer is coming - with a wife itching to do something productive. Something is likely to hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment