Friday, March 7, 2014

Long Overdue Update

It's been forever since my last post way back in November. I've been swamped with the Holiday season, home renovations, and beginning of year stuff at work. I've got a list of posts in queue to get back on track. I'm going to recap how I fared in meeting my 2013 goals, set new goals for 2014, let you know how our massive home renovation is progressing, and get caught up with stock purchases/sales.

With all of that said, here's a broad brush overview:

1) I did ok on the goals, but not good enough.

2) Goals for 2014 will be (fairly) easily met. Let's just say I set my goals at the start of the year and something great has since happened - I got promoted and a juicy raise!

3) The home renovation is going slowly, but progress from here will be fast. Mostly finishing work and decorating. Not so much left that requires a contractor and waiting for the professionals to find time.

4) I've had a lot of activity in my portfolio since November. In my last update, I passed $6,000 of annual forward dividends, which was awesome. Since then, that number has reached $8,000 due to my purchases. As a preview for my 2014 goals, I'm trying to push to get to $12,000 of forward dividends by year end 2014. I never saw this level of passive income coming so fast!

That's it for now. Stay tuned for the updates in short order!

2 comments:

  1. Great progress. I can attest. My rental income skyrocketed this year. I was purchasing a property every year, and I am now able to look back and see the progress.

    If you get some dividend increases, you will be another great bump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get into the rental property game, but high property taxes and low rents in my area kill the economics. Flipping can be profitable, but opportunities are rare.

      I'm excited for upcoming dividend increases and continued purchases of quality stocks to juice my passive income.

      Delete