Friday, September 28, 2012

Pay the Loser

So after hearing my offer was accepted by the first mortgage lender and rejected by the second - despite the second not supposed to get anything because the first wasn't made whole - I offered to give the second lender an extra $4 grand. They accepted. Still no word on when we close, but with all of the approvals/acceptances/etc things are looking good on this front.



My current house should be ready to list/sell after this weekend! We have two full days of work ahead but are excited to be done. Fingers crossed for no October surprise!

Work is getting harder every day. My 90 minute commute each way is painful. I can't wait to have a real life in just a few short months.

As far as retirement: I did some math today and if I save just $1,500 each month for the next 10 years I will be able to retire without altering my spending. This year we're running ahead of this by a long-shot in spite of getting married and honeymooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment